Saturday, February 4, 2012

Purple Sunrise

This photo was taken on a cold-cold-cold January morning in Manzanita, OR. I was joining some friends down there for a three-day weekend and it had been nothing but gray, overcast, rainy, and snowy since we arrived. 

The house I was staying out was down near town, and that morning when I looked out the window, from below the clouds everything was just icky and disgusting. I almost didn't get up because I was so certain there would be no view and no color and nothing worth photographing. Thankfully, I changed my mind, got myself up anyway and drove up a nearby mountain to see if I could get lucky with the view. I'm really happy I did since it was like a whole different world once I got up above the cloud line. That's even snow covering the mountains in the distance!

I loved how the soft pinks and purples were peeking out from above some pretty ominous clouds that looked like they are just about to take control of the whole coast. 


No comments:

Post a Comment