Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Lighthouse with Legs

Meetup tomorrow!
I'm super excited for my first ever photography meetup tomorrow at Pike Place Market. I plan to have a great time spending the morning walking around a place I love with a bunch of like-minded enthusiasts I've never met before in search of new and interesting viewpoints and people. I'm particularly proud of myself for getting out of my comfort zone on this one - I normally prefer to take photos alone so I can just concentrate on what I want to do and not worry that I'm holding anyone else up. At the same time I'm also a bit shy (or maybe self-conscious is a more accurate word), so joining in with a group of people all on my own without knowing even one other person that I can talk to is a bit daunting. But nevertheless I'm going to do it, and I'm certain I'll enjoy myself immensely.

Lighthouse with Legs
A friend told me the other day that she loved the Mukilteo Lighthouse because it had so much personality that she expected it sprout legs and walk away like a person. That was definitely a new way of looking at a lighthouse for me! I just happened to get lucky the day I took this photo - the weather was great, the sky was perfect, I couldn't have asked for a nicer evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment