Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hello World!

I've really loved the look of well-done, somewhat photorealistic HDR photos since I first new what they were. I tried many, many, many times to learn the process and create my own, but I could never get them to turn out the way I envisioned (here's a secret about HDR work - it's not easy. It takes as much manual work to get your finished product looking right as it does to develop film photos in a darkroom). However, thanks to some lessons from Stuck In Customs, I think I'm finally starting to get it right...

Sunset at the Marina
There are definitely some things I do and don't like about this photo, but overall I'm very proud of it, and it will always hold a special place in my heart as my very first truly successful (in my opinion) HRD photo. It was an absolutely beautiful evening at the marina, and I feel like the photo really reflects that.

No comments:

Post a Comment